Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dying for Beauty, Part. 2

I got A LOT of feed back from the original blog post on this topic, but judging from some of the discussions it spurred I feel I need to clear some things up.....



But first, let me ask you a question: Who do you think is the most beautiful woman in the world? Now hold that thought.



I did not mean to infer in my previous blog that I think beauty or wanting to feel beautiful is bad or against God's will by any means. I love make-up, pretty clothes, having great hair days and getting my nails done-I am not suggesting women should not take part in any of that! I have no doubt God appreciates beauty-look at this amazing world he created! And I have no doubt God wants us to be confident, secure women-and feeling beautiful is a part of that.



The question is what is the source of your self worth, what makes you feel truly beautiful?



If my mood rises and falls on what the scale says-rather than the presence of the Holy Spirit within me-THAT is a problem.



If my self worth rests on what my complexion looks like-rather than the truth that my saviour chose to die for me-THAT is a problem.



The whole point I was trying to make is that I can spend all the time and money in the world on my appearance but if the most important part of my daily beauty regime is not time with my Heavenly Father, it's all meaningless and fleeting.



I want to be beautiful, but God is teaching me to desire eternal beauty these days- not the worldly beauty I have sought for most of my life.



So now back to my original question? Who is the most beautiful woman in the world and what is the source of her beauty? What is the source of yours? My prayer for you is that it is grounded in one simple statement:



"But God demonstrates His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8



That is perfect love. That is true beauty.

No comments: