Monday, September 29, 2008

Seriously?

I went to Target in Tulsa over the weekend because we had some gift cards we needed to use and I was VERY disappointed by their baby section in general but mostly by the lack of BOY clothes. They had like 1 1/2 racks of boy stuff and a flopitygazillion racks of girl clothes. Whats up with that? I mean I know most boys are not as into clothes as girls are but i want my kid to have cute clothes, why do these people think Moms only want to buy cute stuff for girl babies? I am offended on behalf of all the male children everywhere. Steve said "Well women like to dress their little princesses and the ones who didn't have girls don't care enough about their boys to give a hoot.." He's so cynical sometimes, but looking at that selection it kinda made me wonder if he's right!

Ben had his first sleepover with his grandparents Saturday night so Steve and I could have date night. He did great but I missed him so much. Steve and I have our one year wedding anniversary coming up and are planning a weekend getaway so this was a dry run. I am one of those girls that always over packs so he made fun of me for all the stuff I sent to his mom's for "just one night." I kept telling him this time I'm not over packing-it's stuff he really needs. He says he dreads the day he has to pack the car with both our stuff!! HA!

3 comments:

Madge said...

I agree on the boy clothes thing. Not only is there less to choose from, but most of the selection is usually ugly. You have to go places like Gap or Gymboree to get the cute stuff.

Mommy Mouse: said...

I have 2.7 floppitygazillion clothes for my mice. Your theory is correct.

Leslee said...

Totally understand in the boy department. Luckily several friends gave us all their boy clothes knowing the limitations on boy clothes.

I'm going to be in your neck of the woods next week. I bet it's getting beautiful over there!